Thursday, June 18, 2015

See you on the other side.

See you on the other side.

I seem to have a habit of blogging in airports. Maybe it's because the next part of my adventure is tangible- my bags are checked and my boarding card is sitting next to my coffee (black with honey in case you were wondering)- but I seem to do some of my best thinking in departure lounges. Go figure.

Today I leave South Africa to go join the Hands family in Zambia. It's so much more real in black and white. I'm beyond excited to start this new chapter, to work alongside some incredible people that I haven't yet had the privilege of meeting, and reconnecting with old friends and sisters.

But none of that excitement detracts from the large piece of my heart I'm leaving in a community of beautiful hands and feet tucked behind a mountain in Mpumalanga. Because I found a home and a family there, and for that I'll be eternally grateful. I'm thankful for four and five year olds who want to tell me about their days, and families who have allowed me to do life with them. I'm thankful for fishing trips and barbecues, and a team of people that let me invade their office and pester them with heaps of questions. I'm thankful for the person that I'm becoming because I've had the privilege of knowing each one of you at the Hub. But most of all, I'm thankful that I have a Heavenly Father that saw all of this coming before I was even born. That brought me to South Africa for a time such as this, and continues to lead and guide my steps. A Father who cares about the details of my life- from orchestrating this whole adventure to providing a porter this morning who advocated for me and got me out of any baggage charges. Isn't God good, hey?

So the next time you all hear from me, I'll be in Zambia. And I can't wait to tell you all about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment